What is Call Tracking?
Majority of marketers measure success based on a series of digital analytics, such as organic visits, and page views. It’s safe to say we spend the most part of our day on the Internet, but we all know not all business is scored online. Many marketers still pick up the phone and perform cold-calling duties; normally this is major source of new leads. Until recently, it has been nearly impossible to know where your telephone inquires have come from and that’s a big headache for anyone wanting to know how effective his or her marketing campaign has been. By having the latest call tracking software, you can tell which of your marketing efforts are successfully generating leads, and which are failing.
How Does Call Tracking Work?
Let’s say your business has a telephone number. It’s probably plastered on the top of your website, in magazines, in your Google AdWords campaigns – it may even appear on a billboard or two. But how do you know which of these marketing methods are generating the calls to your business? Call tracking enables you to assign a different phone number to each of your marketing campaigns (online and offline). Each of these numbers will then be forwarded to your main business phone number, allowing your staff to answer as if the call were made directly to that line. By using call tracking, you can compare the phone traffic generated by each line in order to determine which of your marketing strategies are most effective and which are not yielding a satisfactory ROI.
Benefits of Call Tracking:
- Track phone leads back to a specific TV, radio, print, or web ads—online or offline.
- Use unique, local phone numbers for each marketing channel for accurate measurement.
- Demonstrate concrete marketing ROI from every source.
- Integrate with Google Analytics and see your call data in real time, alongside your current web analytics.
Choosing The Right Call Tracking Provider:
- Reliability – How quickly does the company address issues that arise? When something goes wrong, does the provider have backup systems in place to ensure your data is tracked and your calls are connected while the problem is being fixed?
- Responsiveness – Does the provider offer 24/7/365 customer support to provide assistance as your questions or problems arise?
- Integrations – How easy is it for you to sync your call tracking data with other metrics you use? Effective call tracking systems should be able to integrate with platforms such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, salesforce.com, and many others.
- Depth of inventory – Do you have the ability to choose tracking numbers from area codes throughout the country? Can you utilize toll free tracking numbers?
Call Tracking and Traffic Jams:
From startups seeking to optimize search advertising to million-dollar insurance companies looking for the most lucrative leads, companies are finding that call tracking provides unprecedented insight into the dollars spent on online advertising and marketing campaigns. Traditionally, third-party call tracking companies require businesses to hook up phone lines and invest in expensive hardware—NOT US. With Traffic Jams, you will have the call tracking ease with data provided by IfByPhone and the participation of our robust marketing team. We will track everything; from your current Twitter followers to the number of leads generated by Google AdWords we got it covered. Traffic Jams: Where increased traffic is a good thing.